This recipe is a very quick and easy cake that you can make in your microwave using the Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker. The approximate time from start to finish is about 30 minutes much of it being cooling time. One of the cool things about this cake is that you can mix and match different cake mixes and flavors of soda. We’ve tried a couple, and they were both pretty good.
- 1 box of your favorite cake mix
- 1 can (12 oz.) of your favorite soda
- Cooking spray
- Empty the cake mix into a mixing bowl. I recommend using the Tupperware Mix-N-Stor® Pitcher.
- Open the can of soda and empty into bowl.
- Stir the cake mix and the soda together.
- Place the cone in the 3qt. Stack Cooker and spray the inside of the stack cooker with the cooking spray.
- Pour the cake batter into the Stack Cooker.
- Microwave on high (uncovered) for 8-10 minutes. The cake will pull away from the sides. You can test with a toothpick. Allow cake to cool for 20-30 min.
- Place a plate over the top of the Stack Cooker and invert.
- The cake will drop onto the plate. Remove the Stack Cooker and cone.
- Decorate or garnish as desired.
- You can spread textured frosting on the inside of the Stack Cooker (between steps 4 and 5 above). Note that regular frosting doesn’t work very well, but frosting with texture does.
- You can add chocolate chips to the bottom of the stack cooker (between steps 4 and 5 above).
- Diet Soda will reduce the calories of the cake.